This policy is issued by the Directors of Bluewater Bio Ltd, to comply with the statutory duty the Health and Safety at Work Act, 1974 (UK), Ministerial Orders (Bahrain), and other national laws in meeting all obligations to employees and the public who may be affected by our activities.
The Health & Safety Systems in place are also in compliance with the requirements of ISO 45001:2018, furthermore the company is committed to a process of continual improvement. It is the aim of the Directors, so far as is reasonably practicable, to ensure:
- The working environment of all employees is safe and without risks to health and that adequate provision is made with regards to the facilities and arrangements for their welfare at work. In addition, we are committed to the prevention of injury and ill health.
- The provision and maintenance of plant and systems of work which are safe and without risks to health.
- Those persons who are not in our employ are not exposed to risks to their health and safety as a result of our activities.
- Information, instructions, training and supervision is provided, as necessary, to secure the health and safety at work of all employees.
- Arrangements for the use, handling, storage and transportation of articles and substances for use at work are safe and without risk to health.
- Adequate information is available with respect to articles and substances used at work, detailing the conditions and precautions necessary, to ensure that they present no risks to health or safety.
- There is suitable provision for the safe access and egress, to and from, all working areas.
- That the business is committed to comply with applicable legal and other requirements to which we subscribe.
- OH&S objectives are set and reviewed through the management review process.
- Ensure effective consultation and participation of workers, and, where they exist, workers’ representatives.
- Establish a positive health & safety culture through positive reinforcement, encouraging hazard & unsafe condition reporting with no threat of reprisals.
- Sufficient resources for the management of H&S are in place including the appointment of a Head of HSWE
The Directors are responsible for this policy and afford safety matters equal if not greater priority to other management functions within the company.
All company employees are reminded of the compliance obligation to ensure that the company’s Health and Safety Policy is observed, with this being communicated to them through the induction process:
- To take reasonable care for their own health and safety at work and of those who may be affected by their actions, or by their neglect.
- To co-operate with their employer to ensure that any duty, or requirement, for health and safety, imposed upon their employer by law, is performed, or complied with.
- Not to intentionally, or recklessly, interfere with, or misuse, anything provided in the interests of health, safety, or welfare.
- Report all unsafe conditions, hazards and incidents as soon as possible.
This policy is to be read in conjunction with the specific health & safety arrangements for the company. It will also be made available on request to members of the public or other interested parties.