The company recognises that its activities and operations have an impact on the environment and is committed to conserving natural resources, operating in a manner sensitive to the environment and complying with all relevant legislation. In particular, Bluewater Bio is committed to:
- Minimising waste products from all processes;
- Maximising the efficient use of energy and water;
- Reducing the impact of travel/transport;
- Accessing the most technically accurate advice that promotes current best environmental practice;
- Preventing pollution wherever possible;
- Complying with all relevant environmental legislation, applicable consents and codes of practice to which the company subscribes;
- Continual improvement in environmental performance.
Bluewater Bio will achieve these commitments by:
- Working towards establishing an environmental management system to the requirements of the International Standard ISO 14001:2004;
- Setting and reviewing progress towards environmental objectives and targets and management programmes to ensure continual improvement;
- Providing environmental training for all employees to understand the company’s environmental policies, objectives and programmes and their role within them;
- Including environmental considerations in our Procurement Procedure;
- Ensuring the company understands and complies with the requirements of all environmental legislation, guidelines and codes of practice applicable to the organisation;
- Working with suppliers and contractors to encourage the adoption of environmentally responsible practices.