The Company recognises that under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 it has a duty to ensure, so far as is reasonably practical, the safety, health and welfare of all persons affected by its activities. As such the Company is committed to complying with the statutory requirements placed upon us, and following industry best practice guidance, relative to the work carried out by our employees and the Occupational Health and Safety Hazards to which they are exposed.
The Company aims to adopt the highest possible safety standards in all our workplaces and in pursuit of this, we seek to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable:
- The provision and maintenance of safe workplaces, plant and equipment, and safe systems of work.
- Clear definition of responsibilities of management and employees at all levels.
- Provision of appropriate information, instruction, training and supervision.
- Provision of effective systems of communication on all Health and Safety issues.
- Adequate opportunities for employee consultation on Health and Safety issues.
- Cooperation with other organisations in respect of Health and Safety.
These provisions are made in pursuance of our aim to prevent injury or ill health to anyone who may be affected by our work.
In order to continually improve our Occupational Health and Safety management systems and performance, the management will conduct periodic management reviews. The aim of these reviews is to ensure that the Policy remains relevant and appropriate and to set Occupational Health and Safety objectives in order to further improve our performance.
Details of the chain of responsibilities and the arrangements for implementing this policy are described in the Quality Manual as issued on the company’s intranet.
The Company will ensure that all persons working under its control are made aware of their legal duties and Health and Safety responsibilities. Specific training will be given to employees on how to recognise and guard against foreseeable hazards and how to meet the responsibilities placed on them.
The Company has a good Health and Safety record. The cooperation of everyone is necessary in order that standards are maintained and improved wherever possible.
This Policy can be made available to other interested parties should they have reasonable cause to require it.