Bluewater Bio is an established specialist in the cost effective treatment of water and wastewater, founded in 2007 to develop HYBACS® , a patented ‘HYBrid ACtivated Sludge’ process, powered by the company’s SMART™ units.
Following the acquisitions of Water Innovate Ltd (from Cranfield University) and FilterClear Ltd, and licensing agreement with NeoTech Aqua Solutions, Inc., Bluewater Bio’s core capabilities now include:
- HYBACS® (wastewater nutrient removal)
- SMART™ (Shaft Mounted Advanced Reactor Technology)
- FilterClear™ (high throughput multi-media filtration)
- N-Tox® (nitrification and greenhouse gas monitoring)
- NeoTech™ (high reflectivity, low energy and low footprint UV technology)
Combining R&D expertise with a highly entrepreneurial business approach, Bluewater Bio not only develops its own innovations but also scours adjacent markets for complementary IP, licence opportunities and partnerships. Through this aggregation strategy, Bluewater Bio aims to be the natural choice for cost effective treatment, re-use and monitoring provision across the water, wastewater and process industries.